Rental Name: Tulip Little (via Tulip of Amsterdam B&B)
Rental Type: Bed and Breakfast
Location: Bethanienstraat 1, Amsterdam, Netherlands
As we mentioned in our Weekend Travels post about Amsterdam, we found out about Tulip Little through another B&B’s recommendation.
- Price and Location: For a rental right in the Old City Center, the €180 per night cost was still cheaper than other accommodations we found, such as hotels and Airbnb rentals. Tulip Little is right in between Nieuwmarkt Square and the Red Light District, with supermarkets, restaurants, cafes, coffee shops, and popular attractions surrounding it.
- Host: Chris was very welcoming and he met with us at the apartment right on time. He gave us all the vital information, such as the Wifi password, and additional tips about the city. He provided a paper map of the city and marked the different neighborhoods and attractions throughout. He was also available via instant messaging whenever we had any questions throughout our stay.
- Amenities: It was great to have a television inside the room and an en-suite bathroom. We also were allowed to use the shared kitchen (including appliances, coffee, and tea) and dining areas. Toiletries, towels, hangers, a hair drier, and cleaning services were also provided for us.
- Ambiance: The room and house itself was clean, bright, and minimalistic. Right outside the front door is a quiet street despite its proximity to the Red Light District and Nieuwmarkt Square. Any loud noises from outside were blocked by the double doors inside the room that lead to a small balcony overlooking Bethanienstraat.
- Upstairs renters: Since we occupied the lower bedroom, we could clearly hear our upstairs neighbors when they were around.
- We also had a run-in with a drug dealer on the street corner outside the apartment that turns into the Red Light District, although this only happened once and he left us alone as soon as we refused to engage in conversation.
OVERALL: Very good – We recommend this B&B for those who want to be in the center of the action.
All opinions are our own. This is not a sponsored post.